My name is David Mottershead. I’ve been designing websites for over 10 years but web design hasn’t always been my occupation.
I studied Civil Engineering at Leeds University but graduated during a construction slump. Unable to find a job in engineering I took a training contract with an accountancy firm in Bolton, Greater Manchester.
Shortly after qualifying as a Chartered Accountant I moved to Bermuda. I lived there for 6 years and worked in a variety of roles for the Bank of Bermuda (now HSBC Bermuda), the largest offshore bank in the world.
After leaving Bermuda I was worked as a freelancer for a London-based firm of accountants for just over a year. Most of the work involved auditing EU reconstruction projects.
In 2004 I switched careers and started my first web business, a travel guide to Bermuda. I now own 4 major travel websites plus this web design business.
I’m a single dad with an 8 year old daughter.
- B.Eng. Civil Engineering
- M.Sc. Civil Engineering
- ACA Chartered Accountant
- Audit/Accounts Senior – Cooper Lancaster Brewers, Bolton – Audit work and accounts preparation for a variety of local and national businesses.
- Internal Auditor – Bank of Bermuda – Auditing banking operations and conducting money laundering investigations. Some work based in overseas offices in Singapore and the Cayman Islands.
- Assistant Financial Controller – Bank of Bermuda – Responsible for revenues in the Global Fund Services Division (hedge and mutual funds).
- Financial Controller – Bank of Bermuda (Cayman) – Temporary secondment to the bank’s office in the Cayman Islands.
- International Auditor – Lubbock Fine, London – Auditing EU reconstruction projects – Most of the work was based in Bosnia.