My process for launching websites is very straightforward. Together we can get your site up and running in just a few days.
- Contact me to discuss your requirements. I’ll give you my honest opinion whether I can design the site you want.
- If we’re a good fit I’ll knock out a free design for you that you can play with. You can log in and see how easy it is to edit existing content, add new pages etc.
- You decide whether you want to go ahead. If so, you’ll need to complete a bit of paperwork, and pay for the work.
- I’ll complete the final design based our initial discussion.
- You then add the text that describes your business and services provided. If you get stuck for ideas or have a technical problem I’m just a phone call away.
- I’ll review the text you’ve written and give my opinion whether it’s good enough for your potential readers (and the search engines). If not, I’ll suggest improvements that can be made.
- Once we’re both satisfied you can go ahead and purchase a domain name. They’re cheap.
- We can then launch your site and submit it to the search engines.
You’ll also need site maintenance and hosting. Websites don’t run themselves (the software needs regularly updating, things occasionally break etc.). I can explain in detail when you call.
It’s not part of the contract but I’m willing (for free) to set you up with a Google Account with Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, and Gmail. These are third party products so I can’t provide ongoing support for them. I will, however, give you a basic run through of how they work. Google provides plenty of resources (manuals, videos etc.) that explain in simple language how to use them.
If I’m providing site maintenance, you can make me an authorised user on your Google Webmaster Tools account. I will then be alerted if Google has any problems with your website and can provide appropriate advice.
Setting up a Facebook page for your business is straightforward. If you have any difficulty I’ll help you for free.