Places of interest near the station include the Central Post Office, the National Philharmonic of Ukraine concert hall, Khreshchatyk Park, the Kiev Conservatory, and the Globus shopping centre (underneath Independence Square).
Tourist attractions and things to do near Maidan Nezalezhnosti Metro Station include:
- Independence Square (0.0 miles) - The focal point of Ukraine’s Orange Revolution
- Khreshchatyk (0.3 miles) - Kiev’s most famous and well-trodden street
- Khreshchatyk Park (0.4 miles) - City centre park
- St Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery (0.4 miles) - Features a sky blue cathedral and magnificent bell tower
- Gorodetsky House, Kiev – House with Chimeras (0.4 miles) - Unusual Art Nouveau house
- St Sophia’s Cathedral (0.5 miles) - One of Kiev’s most impressive landmarks
- Golden Gate (0.5 miles) - Ancient fortification
Restaurants near Maidan Nezalezhnosti Metro Station include.
- Mr Grill Hotdogs and Burgers (0.1 miles) - Modern burger and hotdog restaurant on Kiev’s main street. Amazing interior. Great service. Outdoor seating in the summer months.
- Last Barricade (0.1 miles) - Restaurant themed around modern Ukrainian revolutions. Interesting interior and lively entertainment. The restaurant is hidden and difficult to find. Entrance is an unmarked door in a corridor at the upper end of the entrance to the Globus shopping centre on Independence Square, near the Billa supermarket.
- Tres Francais (0.1 miles) - Cosy French bistro. Enjoys a great central location, just a short walk from Independence Square.
- Mama Gochi (0.1 miles) - Georgian restaurant close to Independence Square. Summer terrace.
- Shato Robert Doms (0.2 miles) - Pub with its own brewery. Enjoys a great location on Khreshchatyk, just across the road from Khreshchatyk Metro Station. Outdoor terrace, open in the summer, is great for watching the world go by.
- Korchma Taras Bulba (0.3 miles) - Family-friendly Ukrainian restaurant. Traditional interior. Offers a huge selection of inexpensive varenyky (dumplings). Just a short walk from Khreshchatyk.
- Whisky Corner (0.3 miles) - Upmarket whisky-themed restaurant. Offers a huge selection of whiskies. Very professional service. Located between Independence Square and St Sophia’s Cathedral.
- Tolstiy and Tonkiy (0.3 miles) - Upmarket steakhouse. Impeccable service. Near the Golden Gate. Expensive by Kiev standards.
- Musafir (0.4 miles) - Crimean restaurant near Lesya Ukrainka Theatre and Teatralna Metro Station. Cosy. Great reputation.
- Spotykach (0.5 miles) - Contemporary Ukrainian cuisine. Unique atmosphere and great service. Located near St Sophia’s Cathedral.
- Barman Dictat (0.5 miles) - Excellent bar on Khreshchatyk. Beautiful interior with huge sold wood bar. Shelves behind the bar house thousands of different drinks from all over the world. Staff need ladders to reach some of them. Live music most evenings. Smoking room. Difficult to find. Go into the courtyard at 44 Khreshchatyk and head to the building on the left. The bar is behind an unmarked doorway. Go down the stairs after entering.
- Khreschatyk City Center Hotel (0.1 miles)
- Kozatskiy Hotel (0.1 miles)
- Ukraine Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Dnipro Hotel (0.2 miles)
- KievInn (0.2 miles)
- Gallery Hotel Gintama (0.3 miles)
- Summit Apart Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Bontiak Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Best Season Apart Hotel (0.4 miles)
- InterContinental Kyiv (0.4 miles)
- Sunday Apart Hotel (0.5 miles)
Map showing location of Maidan Nezalezhnosti Metro Station.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Maidan Nezalezhnosti Metro Station