Teatralna Metro Station is a major underground station in Kiev city centre. It’s situated at the bottom end of Bohdana Khmelnytskoho Street, just a few yards from Khreshchatyk.
Around 7 pm every Saturday evening the station a large group of pensioners gather in the underpass and spend the evening dancing. It’s one of the most wonderful sights in Kiev.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Teatralna Metro Station include:
- Khreshchatyk (0.2 miles) - Kiev’s most famous and well-trodden street
- National Opera of Ukraine (0.2 miles) - National theatre offering a wide repertoire.
Restaurants near Teatralna Metro Station include.
- Musafir (0.1 miles) - Crimean restaurant near Lesya Ukrainka Theatre and Teatralna Metro Station. Cosy. Great reputation.
- Barman Dictat (0.2 miles) - Excellent bar on Khreshchatyk. Beautiful interior with huge sold wood bar. Shelves behind the bar house thousands of different drinks from all over the world. Staff need ladders to reach some of them. Live music most evenings. Smoking room. Difficult to find. Go into the courtyard at 44 Khreshchatyk and head to the building on the left. The bar is behind an unmarked doorway. Go down the stairs after entering.
- Tolstiy and Tonkiy (0.2 miles) - Upmarket steakhouse. Impeccable service. Near the Golden Gate. Expensive by Kiev standards.
- Korchma Taras Bulba (0.2 miles) - Family-friendly Ukrainian restaurant. Traditional interior. Offers a huge selection of inexpensive varenyky (dumplings). Just a short walk from Khreshchatyk.
- Summit Apart Hotel (0.1 miles)
- Mini-Hotel Kievskiy (0.2 miles)
- Best Season Apart Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Premier Palace Hotel (0.2 miles)
Map showing location of Teatralna Metro Station.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Teatralna Metro Station
Bohdana Khmelnytskoho Street