Universytet is one of the most beautiful stations in the city and is right next to the Fomin Botanical Gardens. St Volodymyr’s Cathedral is just across the road.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Universytet Metro Station include:
- Kiev University – Fomin Botanical Gardens (0.1 miles) - Botanical gardens owned by Kiev University
- St Volodymyr’s Cathedral (0.1 miles) - Neo-Byzantine cathedral with striking yellow exterior
- National Opera of Ukraine (0.3 miles) - National theatre offering a wide repertoire.
- Golden Gate (0.5 miles) - Ancient fortification
Restaurants near Universytet Metro Station include.
- Restaurant Chachapuri (0.2 miles) - Cosy Georgian restaurant. Close to the Hilton Kyiv and St Volodymyr's Cathedral. Universytet Metro Station is just across the road.
- True Burger Bar (0.2 miles) - Cosy gourmet burger restaurant. Close to the National Opera of Ukraine and St Volodymyr’s Cathedral.
- Avalon (0.2 miles) - Popular, multi-level entertainment complex. Includes a restaurant, bar, and nightclub. Highly recommended. Attracts a beautiful crowd.
- 11 Mirrors Rooftop Restaurant and Bar (0.3 miles) - Rooftop restaurant at one of the city’s best hotels. Offers great panoramic views of the city. Close to the National Opera of Ukraine.
- Khinkalnya Gogi (0.3 miles) - Offers reasonably priced Georgian cuisine. Friendly service. Situated near Taras Shevchenko Park and the Fomin Botanical Gardens.
- O'Panas (0.4 miles) - Tradtional Ukrainian restaurant in Taras Shevchenko Park. Fantastic wooden interior.
- Osteria Pantagruel (0.4 miles) - Legendary Italian restaurant. Traditional homely interior. Good service. Terrace open in the summer. Located right next to the Golden Gate.
- Piccolino (0.5 miles) - Italian restaurant offering a good variety of dishes and wines. Ambient interior with brick walls and wooden ceiling. Quite close to the National Circus of Ukraine.
- Lyubimy Dyadya (0.5 miles) - Offers an eclectic menu of contemporary, international dishes. Fantastic interior and good atmosphere. The name means ‘Favourite Uncle’.
- Goodman (0.5 miles) - Upmarket steakhouse located on the ground floor of the Eurasia Business Centre. Fairly expensive. Close to Kiev Train Station.
- Royal Grand Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Hotel Express Congress (0.2 miles)
- CITYHOTEL (0.2 miles)
- 11 Mirrors Design Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Fire Inn (0.3 miles)
- ibis Kiev City Center (0.3 miles)
- Opera Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Mini-Hotel Kievskiy (0.4 miles)
- Hotel Classic (0.4 miles)
- Suit Hotel (0.4 miles)
- irisHotels (0.5 miles)
- StanGret Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Tiso Hotel (0.5 miles)
Map showing location of Universytet Metro Station.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Universytet Metro Station
Tarasa Shevchenko Boulevard